Thursday, March 18, 2021

Visiting Jarvis Family

 When I was young, Uncle Carol (Robert Carol Jarvis or Bob), came and got us and took us three boy to visit Grandma Jarvis. It was not a long ride so it had to be near Akron. She seemed to have a farm for she had a cow and chickens. I remember that she made the best rhubarb pie. I think we never went back again. 

Once Ken and Garrett saw Charles when Garrett was on leave from the army in 1970 in Akron. not remember him saying anything. never saw him again - it was after the accident and he didn't say much of anything. 

(Charles' semi truck was hit by a train and he suffered brain damage.)

From Arthur John Merrick - I knew Charles Jarvis (Edith's 1st husband), too. He and I were truck drivers together.

Your mom (Edith) and I used to visit Bessie Jarvis (Edith’s ex-mother in law). In 1974 Bessie said to us that her son, Charles, leaving Edith was, “Not my fault”. Gary visited Grandma Jarvis too. She lived in Ohio. She had a cow and made strawberry rhubarb pie. We (John and Edith) visited her often. She said, “Boys are a joy to raise.” She had an old gray house. Gary went to see Charles in the early 1970. Gary met him on Newton Street at Commercial Freight. Charles had a brain injury.



No comments:

Post a Comment