Sunday, November 12, 2017

34 Life History --- Serving in Vietnam - Volunteering to Stay Longer; Touring Saigon

orders to hop planes to Europe
I enjoyed my job in Don Duong, and nobody was shooting at me, so I volunteered to stay an extra six months beyond my required year.  I also wanted to be a captain, so the promotion and Vietnam tour extension necessitated my signing up for a third year in the army beyond my required (from ROTC) two years.  My extra six months in Vietnam earned me a free transportation 30-day excursion anywhere in the world, so I chose to go to Europe.  I received my promotion orders on the way through Cam Ranh Bay, pinned on my captain’s bars, flew to Saigon, where I spent a day sightseeing while waiting for a flight, then flew to Bangkok.  After a couple hours there, I flew to New Delhi India, the Istanbul airport, then to London.
pictures of Saigon









Zoo



 Shrine
Presidential Palace




MeKong River, Saigon Harbor




Airport



No comments:

Post a Comment