Monday, June 11, 2018

37 Life History --- Touring Germany 1969

I rode the train to Frankfurt Germany where I visited some church members who had known the Rufs before they left for the US twenty years earlier.  The finest week of my journey was learning to ski at Bertschesgaden in southern Germany.  I did pretty well for only one week of skiing.  And, boy, did I eat well!  I also took the salt mine tour on the little train, and visited Saltzburg Austria and one of the “Sound of Music” set locations.  I hated to leave but had to head south in order to visit the Pope at Easter Mass.


lodge stayed in Berchtesgaden Germany

ski top


ski instructors

ski class

ski lodge at Jenner mountain

ski lift at Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Germany

ski slope, Obersalzburg Germany

Berchtesgaden where I ate

Berchtesgaden German mountains

leaving Salzburg for Berchtesgaden

Austria

Salzburg churchyard (Sound of Music)

church in Salzburg



Salzburg Austria

hillside monastery, Salzburg

Salzburg Austria

cave chapel above churchyard, Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg

Mozart square, Salzburg Austria

coming down the slide in salt mine

salt lake in salt mine

exit of salt mine; Salzburg (salt mountain)

Salzburg

Salzburg

Salzberg Germany Salt Mine; Garrett 4th from left
Berchtesgaden


Bertschesgaden Germany 
coo-coo clock brought in Germany

Frankfurter Germany




No comments:

Post a Comment