Monday, June 18, 2018

48 Life History --- Retirement Activities

I graduated from BYU in April 1978 with a degree in building construction.   However, interest rates were so high at this time that not much building was occurring, and having been seven years at the Post Office, we decided that it was not a good time to go into building construction; so, I’ve been at the Post Office ever since.



In January I began studying real estate in earnest in preparation for my post-retirement career.  We listed the land for sale, but the economy, especially real estate, is down; so, the chances of its selling are poor.  I registered our PINC Property Investment Company LLC 
with the state so that we can transfer the house title into it.

Before I retired I started a handyman business and called it FixIt Fellow. For a while my son, who is a General Contractor, joined the business. We did some demolition, and remodeling. I also did a lot of repair work for home maintenance companies. 

I also started another business, Merrick Inspections, where I did home and commercial inspections with my brother, Ken. 


the postal truck I bought at auction


demolition


preparing to enter a crawl space under a house

When we moved from the area in 2016, I decided that my life was too busy.  Therefore, I now just do some repair work for neighbors and occasional commercial and home inspections. I also volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and help build homes.








home I helped build


No comments:

Post a Comment