Wednesday, June 13, 2018

43 Life History --- Brigham Young University 1971


At the first of June 1971 I packed up all my goods, departed the army and headed west for BYU.  I located a private apartment and began job searching, part of which included taking the postal test.  I enrolled in BYU in civil engineering, but changed to building construction a year or two later.  Lon Wallace was my primary instructor; he was a good teacher.











I found an orthodontist, Dr. Ardon Kitchen, to continue my orthodontic treatment.  I also got contact lenses in late August 1971.  I started working at the Post Office in Salt Lake City on 7 September 1971, while I was still getting used to new contact lenses.  I worked in the Parcel Post Annex by the railroad tracks.  

I met and married Cheryl Groom. We lived in Provo while I completed my degree and had two children before we moved to Mapleton in 1976 and had two more children.








No comments:

Post a Comment