Monday, March 19, 2018

2 Life History - 1947 - 1950 Early Years Before School

Mel top left; Ken in middle front; Gary front right
Edith with Gary left; Ken center; Mel right



My very earliest memory is of lying in bed at night, being scared by ghosts in the closet at the end of my bed. I solved the problem by closing the closet door every night.




Aunt Peggy and Gary



Gary














Mel
Another early memory occurred when we lived in the attic across from Grandma Conley’s house at 508 Ohio Street in Akron Ohio. I apparently awoke screaming from a very vivid dream in which I had seen a ‘rat’ running across the floor at the bottom of my bed. I was convinced it was real and would not be persuaded otherwise. In adult retrospect I realize it could not have been real, as at that time I had never seen a rat and didn’t even know what one looked like. This one was yellow and almost as big as a cat!

One of my earliest childhood memories was when I learned about Halloween. I was told that I could knock on doors and people would give me candy. I thought it was too good to be true!

No comments:

Post a Comment