Monday, March 19, 2018

18 Life History --- 1964 Friends at SMS

President Murray, Garrett Merrick (back), Ernie Chittim,  John Cochran, Sister Murray, Ruth Chittim, LeMerle Cochran  


In addition to Hermann and Gertrude Ruf, John and LeMerle Cochran were most supportive to me. They had me over for dinner occasionally, gave me good advice, and even financed my motorcycle purchase. I had previously bought a good 5-speed bicycle, and got around quite a bit on it. The Cochrans persuaded me to buy the motorcycle after I informed them of my intention to ride my bike to Ohio. I never rode the bike much after getting the motorcycle, so I sold it to Bell’s in Willard Missouri, near Springfield.  1971 pictures



Garrett Merrick, Harold and Gerhard Ruf


Gerhard Ruf
Martha Ruf 


Gerhard's missionary farewell


Gerhard, Gertrude and Herman Ruff

book written by Herman Ruff

Frank and Barbara Kazlarich

Stake President and Sister Murray
Robert Rone
New Year's Eve Dance at Springfield Ward


1973 The Ruffs visited Salt Lake

Garrett and Cheryl Merrick expecting 1st baby; Gertrude and Herman Ruff


1980 Laura, Garrett Merrick, Gertrude Ruff, Cheryl Merrick; front David and Julene Merrick









No comments:

Post a Comment