Monday, March 19, 2018

5 Life History --- Jarvis Relatives


My other favorite relative was my father’s brother, Uncle Carroll. He would take us for rides in his car. He impressed me with his knowledge of which direction other cars were going to turn; I later learned about turn signals and turning lanes. On one occasion he took us to visit Grandma Jarvis (Bessie) in West Virginia. It was wonderful: the countryside; the steep West Virginia hills, especially in the morning fog; watching someone milk the cow; feeling free and outdoors; Grandma’s garden; and her scrumptious rhubarb pie. Grandma was plump - and also kind and loving. I have no memory of ever seeing her again, though when I was nineteen or twenty, we had some pleasant correspondence.













2005 Charles, Anna, Jack-Forest, Bob-Carroll Jarvis
2005 Charles, Anna, Jack-Forest, Bob-Carroll Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment